- 1 Scotia Rewards point for every $2 you spend
- Use your points to purchase travel online or over the phone through our full-service travel agency. Or book your own travel using your card and go online to redeem points for the purchase.
- Receive discounts and other special offers on hotels, airfare, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Receive up to 25% off qualifying car rentals
- Redeem points for merchandise and other rewards
Information - Rates - Fees
Low Interest Credit Card
Review by CreditCardsLab Canada
The Scotiabank Rewards Visa card rewards cardholders for use, but it also emphasizes the fact that balances can be paid off to free up the available credit so it can be used again to gain more rewards. If cardholders pay off their balances during the 21-day grace period, the interest on purchases is avoided. This means a cardholder can pay off their balance every billing cycle and enjoy the entirety of their credit limit each month toward earning rewards points.
In addition to this, the card can be used for cash advances and balance transfers. There are fees associated with both and they both have annual interest rates associated with them. Practically everything you do has a fee connected with it, but you can control what you do or do not do with the card in order to control those fees. For instance, you can choose whether or not to do the cash advance, but the balance transfer may save you money because of eliminating the balance on a higher interest card.
Factor in the increased security through security tools and the fraud protection in the way of reimbursement if fraud occurs after the account has been well maintained and the card is a secure way to spend.
- Free rewards program
Rewards & Benefits
Other Reward Cards
Travel Reward Cards
Universal Reward Cards
- Redeem points for any travel purchase, selected merchandise, gift cards and more
*The information provided for Scotiabank® Rewards VISA® Credit Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Jun 6, 2017). We strongly advise visitors to review the fees, terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product.