Scotiabank® Value Visa® Card
- Save up to hundreds of dollars a year on interest
- Low interest rate of 12.99%
- Pay down higher interest rate balances faster
- Transfer higher rate balances and save even more
Information - Rates - Fees
Dishonored Payment Fee: $48
Ongoing Annual Fee: $29/ year, Each supplementary Card $0/year
To apply for the card you must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Have reached the age of majority in your province/territory (18 years in AB, MB, ON, PE, QC, SK. 19 years in all others)
- Not have declared bankruptcy in the past seven years
- Have a minimum gross monthly income of $1,000 unless you are applying for a student VISA card
Review by CreditCardsLab Canada
The Scotiabank Value Visa card is a low interest credit card that gives its cardholders an introductory rate that helps save money. In fact, the interest rate is low to the point that it will save a lot of money when transferring balances from a high interest card to this lower interest card. When opening an account, the card has an introductory period where the interest on the account is very low.
There is also the fact that there is a grace period that enables individuals to avoid the interest on purchases. If the balance is paid in full within 21 days of the statement close date, then interest on purchases can be avoided. If the balance is not paid off in any given billing period, the grace period is extended to 25 days. Once the balance is paid in full during a cycle, the grace period reverts back to 21 days.
Even the monthly payments are broken down in a way that cardholders can easily understand. By understanding what a monthly payment consists of, a person can easily decide what transactions they want to do in order to keep costs as low as possible. This gives cardholders some flexibility.
- Low APR
Rewards & Benefits
*The information provided for Scotiabank® Value Visa® Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Dec 30, 2022). We strongly advise visitors to review the fees, terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product.