- Earn 4x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment
- Earn one point on all other eligible everyday purchases
- Complimentary Concierge Services 24/7
- Rates, fees and other information are subject to change.
Information - Rates - Fees
Instant Decision Card
Each additional card: $29.00
Dishonored payment fee: $48
To apply for the credit card you must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Have reached the age of majority in your province/territory (18 years in AB, MB, ON, PE, QC, SK. 19 years in all others)
- Not have declared bankruptcy in the past seven years
- Have a minimum gross monthly income of $1,000 unless you are applying for a student credit card
Promo Offers Legal Reference:
To be eligible for the 15,000 bonus points offer (this "Offer"), you must have at least $1000 in net purchases (purchases less returns or similar credits) posted to your Scotiabank credit card account ("Account") in the first 3 months from the Account open date. The bonus points will appear as an adjustment on your Account statement within 2 statement cycles after the third billing cycle has passed provided the Account is open and in good standing. Offer applies to a new Account only opened by defined date (see terms & conditions for details) (the "Offer End Date"). Former or current Scotiabank credit cardholders that transfer from an existing Scotiabank credit card account or re-open a closed Scotiabank credit card account are excluded from this Offer. Offer may be changed or extended and cannot be combined with any other offer.
Review by CreditCardsLab Canada
These days, we're thinking more about our finances and buying power. With improving economic conditions, it makes sense that we rethink what we thought we knew - and that includes the credit cards we carry in our wallets. We want more; in fact, we want better: we want better choices, better rewards and better treatment.
That's what the ScotiaBank American Express is such a great choice. With impressive opportunities for rewards points, lower fees, even lower fees on any additional cards you request, not only are cardmembers saving money, but they're using their rewards in ways that were unheard of in recent years. Suddenly, we're feeling empowered. We have choices and we enjoy flexibility with our rewards options.
There are a lot of reasons to choose this credit card offer, especially for those who travel. With great savings on hotels and airlines, the opportunity to cover their vacations with nothing but their rewards points and the opportunity to combine their rewards points with their American Express cards, that cruise is finally within reach. Plus, you'll travel with confidence knowing the many safety features are built into this offer, including travel insurance. Big discounts are yours when you use your card to book your rental car, cruise line and hotels, too. These are just a few of the reasons this credit card offer is rising to the top.
- Gold card features
Rewards & Benefits
Merchandise Reward Cards
Other Reward Cards
Travel Reward Cards
- 4x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment
The information provided for Scotiabank American Express Gold Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Nov 2, 2018). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product.
- Scotia Momentum® VISA® Infinite Card CIBC Air Canada® AC conversion™ Visa Prepaid Card Scotiabank® More Rewards VISA® Card
- Scotiabank American Express Gold Card Scotiabank American Express Card Scotia Momentum® Mastercard® Card
- Scotiabank Platinum American Express Card Tangerine® Money Back Card Scotiabank® Value VISA® Card