- Earn 2x Scene+ points for every $1 you spend on credit card purchases at Cineplex™ theatres or at cineplex.com
- Earn 2X Scene+ points for each dollar charged to your account on all eligible purchases at Sobeys, IGA, Safeway, Foodland, FreshCo, Voila by Sobeys, Voila by IGA, Voila by Safeway, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, IGA West, Les Marches Tradition, Rachelle Bery, and Co-Op.
- Earn 1 Scene+ point for every $1 you spend on your everyday eligible credit card purchases
- Redeem Scene+™* points for travel, shopping, entertainment, dining, banking, and more.
- Free supplementary cards
Information - Rates - Fees
Every Day Purchases
New to Credit
Dishonored Payment Fee: $48
Penalty APR: N/A
Late Fee: N/A
Minimum Payment Due: N/A
Return Payment Fee: $48
To apply for the Scene Visa credit card you must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Have reached the age of majority in your province/territory (18 years in AB, MB, ON, PE, QC, SK. 19 years in all others)
- Not have declared bankruptcy in the past seven years
- Have a minimum gross monthly income of $1,000 unless you are applying for a student VISA card
Promotion's Legal Reference:
To be eligible for the 2,000 bonus points offer (the "Offer"), you must have at least $500 in net purchases (purchases less returns, refunds or other similar credits) posted to your SCENE Visa account ("Account") in the first 3 months from the Account open date. The bonus points will be awarded within 2-3 business days of the completion of the $500 in purchases. Only one welcome bonus is awarded per SCENE Visa Account. In cases where both the primary and supplementary cardholders are SCENE members, the bonus points will be credited to the SCENE membership account that has been connected to the SCENE visa card. Offer applies to a new Account only opened by defined date (the "Offer End Date") (See card website for details). Former or current Scotiabank credit cardholders that transfer from an existing Scotiabank credit card account or re-open a closed Scotiabank credit card account are excluded from this Offer. Offer may be changed or extended and cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer not applicable to SCENE Student Visa card.
Review by CreditCardsLab Canada
When a great credit card offer comes along, the first thing we typically do is see how it benefits our needs. Is the rewards program comparable? Are the fees in line with the market? Is there an annual fee? A low interest rate? These days, banks are focusing more on the customer's needs when it comes to their credit cards. Enter the Scene Visa. It's an exceptional offer designed for those who love attending the latest Hollywood releases on the big screen. This financial tool is ideal for college students and other young adults who are involved in all things entertainment. With opportunities for great rewards earnings, a crisp and easy to use digital component - both the Scene app that's available for Android, Apple and BlackBerry - and of course, the smart website design, consumers are drawn to this contemporary financial offering.
Card members love the advantage of the many promos they're offered, including sweepstakes, bigger discounts during the week, savings when they use their Scene to purchase movie tickets and when they visit the concession stands. The competitive interest rate, the absence of an annual fee - it all comes together in one great credit card offer. Learn more or apply today.
- Free rewards program
- Bonus points
Rewards & Benefits
- 1 SCENE point for every $1 you spend on credit card purchases
- 5 SCENE points for every $1 you spend on SCENE Visa purchases at participating Cineplex Entertainment theatres or online at cineplex.co
- Visa payWave
- Specia discounts at AVIS Car Rentals
- Scotia Credit Card Protection
- My Mobile Valet
*See terms and conditions of the card for other benefits
*The information provided for Scotiabank SCENE® Visa® Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Dec 30, 2022). We strongly advise visitors to review the fees, terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product.